Cerakote Micro Slick is a dry-film lubricant that is able to withstand high temperatures and extreme pressures. The Micro Slick coating is able to lubricate, resist wear, and also act as an anti-seize agent while preventing galvanic corrosion or bonding of the metals. Micro Slick is virtually unaffected by temperatures ranging from below zero to 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. When two adjoining surfaces are coated with Micro Slick it prevents surface-to-surface contact, which reduces friction and wear between the two surfaces. An example of this would be to coat a bolt carrier group on an AR 15 and the inside of the upper receiver. This combination would reduce the amount of friction between the parts and help the firearm to function more smoothly.
Micro Slick out-performs its competitors, such as Nickel Boron (NiB-X), Fail Zero, NP3, Titanium Nitride, etc. Because of this, Micro Slick is not only used on firearms, it is used on high performance vehicles as well, including vehicles in NASCAR.
Micro Slick is generally applied, but not limited, to internal, moving parts such as engine parts, bolts, bolt carrier groups, trigger groups, rails, etc. This product comes in black and dark grey colors only.
Micro Slick vs Nickel Boron (NiB) & NP3
– Mil-Spec 8620 tool steel M16 bolt carrier w/shrouded firing pin
– Carrier has 22.214.171.124 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome bore
– Mil-Spec tool steel carrier key
– Carrier key has 126.96.36.199 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome bore
– Carrier key is attached with Grade 8 hardware and properly staked per Mil-Spec
– Bolts are CNC machined from Carpenter No. 158®
– All bolts are shot peened pre the current Mil-Spec
– All bolts are Individually High Pressure Tested (HPT) and then Individually Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI)
– Tool steel extractor, shot peened, fitted with a Mil-Spec black extractor spring insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring
– Mil-Spec firing pin with 188.8.131.52 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome finish
– Mil-Spec cam pin
– Mil-Spec firing pin retaining pin
– Every part is coated in Micro Slick except for the springs, roll pin and gas rings
Contact us to purchase a complete bolt carrier group or for more information about our Micro Slick services.